View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
frui
Connoisseur
frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.frui is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle dx
Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 is the best ebook reader so far

I've own a lot of ebook reading devices: Irex Iliad, Hanlin V3, Hanwang n518, Kindle, Sony, Ipad ......to name a few. The newly acquired p1000 really made my day.

Some would say, "it's not even an eink device". Well, iPad changed my negative impression of active LCD screen. And I know there are other factors which are also crucial to being a good ebook reader: fast response, factor form, the feel of books.......etc. In fact iPad put my other eink readers beneath dust.

But I have one very serious complaint against iPad: ppi. 1024x768 for an 10 inch screen is non-aesthetics to say the least, and it's very backward in an age of high definition.

And iPad2......what a disappointment! I seriously doubt Steve will raise the ppi for iPad3. So, I give up.

And here comes p1000. 7 inch at 1024x600 is very pleasant at reading distance.
I know of only one tablet that has higher ppi than p1000, which is Chinese Aino Novo8, an android device with an 8 inch screen at 1280x768. I bought Novo8, but it's "dirty" screen wipes out its advantage at higher resolution.

And p1000's 7 inch gives a better feel of a real paperback, and it's very comfortable to hold in hand.

The built in ebook reader is fantastic! Anyone that is blaming android for being lackluster in ebook reader should give this reader a serious look. I don't know if it is available as a stand alone software. I wish it is!
frui is offline   Reply With Quote