View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #7
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
This might be more of an effort to make you a legal, paying customer* rather than a illegal file sharer. There's also the potential that they're just using a context sensitive advertising system which just happened to pull this up from their database. I've seen that before.
That might be right, I was really just pointing to the irony that if this is such a dark and evil place of wrongdoing, why would they want to be associated with it. I does make me think that, despite the hullabaloo about "piracy" there might be some sense in which publishers welcome it, or at least see it as not unambiguously bad. Now they couldn't ever say that of course - "come steal my stuff, and sod the mugs who pay for it", but there may be a way in which a certain amount of "piracy" is, or will be, good for business.

*Which I am, your honour, (most of the time at least) - though not usually of B&N!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote