View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
How can Joe Blo buy me a Connect e-book gift card?

If someone wants to buy me a gift card for the Sony Connect e-book store, is there a simple way to do it without having the Sony Reader software?

The store help information has the following:
Quote:
Question:How can I give someone an eBook as a gift?
Answer:CONNECT eBooks uses gift certificates that you can send directly through your CONNECT Reader.
Click on "Gifts" in the menu list and fill out the Gift Card form.
You can purchase gift certificates for $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100. You can decide if you want to send your Gift Card right away or at a future date. You can also include a personal message with your Gift Card. Once you have filled out the form simply click on "Add to Cart" and then finalize your purchase in your Shopping Cart or click on "Buy Now" if that feature is enabled.
and
Quote:
Question: How do I redeem the gift certificate that I received?
Answer:Launch the CONNECT Reader, go to eBooks Store, and register to create an account. If you already have an account, please login with your existing username. Click on "Gifts" in the menu and click on the "Redeem a gift certificate" link on the bottom of the page. Enter the gift code that you received and click on "Submit". This will automatically add the amount of the gift certificate into your account. Now search for your favorite books, download and enjoy.
Surely you don't have to have the Sony Reader Connect software to buy a gift card! But there doesn't seem to be an easy way for someone who has never heard of a Sony reader or the Connect store to go buy an e-book gift card. Shouldn't it be the receiver that needs the Sony Reader software, not the buyer!?

Am I missing something here?
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote