View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I think I can probably answer that myself:

1) Ebooks are still a tiny share of the market, and
2) How could you make it a commission-based thing? The publishers produce the ebooks (or don't, but never mind that) and put them out through the distribution system. You wouldn't say to fictionwise (as you would to Barnes & Noble), "How many copies do you want for your initial order?"
Not to mention the opinion of many that DRMed ebooks are actually "rented" from eretailers as opposed to actually being "purchased". How do you pay out a "sales" commission on a "rented" product?

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote