View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
Martinus's baby
Martinus's baby began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo aura HD, Lenotab 7 inch tablet
I'm having serious problems with my my Kobo ereader touch. I was moving my ebook collection from my desktop to my kobo ereader touch. I had finished installing it. I ejected my reader using the kobo desktop software. and i turned off my desktop pc. Some time after that I noticed that my kobo ereader touch was frozen on 27 % while processing my kobo ereader touch. I waited a bit, but it remained on 27 % I tried reconnecting to my desktop pc and noting happened. So i tried a soft reset (using the on/off button) but nothing happened. After a couple of attempts i tried a factory reset (using the button on the back of the kobo ereader touch). The screen of the reader went blank, black and it just froze. After awhile i got the message telling my I had to set the language for my reader. When i tried pressing 'okay', nothing happened and it just froze. I tried a factory reset again. but this time i connected the reader to my
desktop pc. A connection was made, despite the fact that the screen giving
me the option of connecting or canceling the sync froze up again.Again i tried a hard reset, and this time after quite some time i got to see the home page on my reader. But when i tried to go to my library (to check if all my ebooks were still there) the screen froze again. I tried a soft and then a hard reset and got stuck again in the set your language-page. I waited for quite some time again, and i got the welcome to your kobo reader page on the reader. and again it froze up. After another reset I got the dreaded 'Powering On' message. It has been like that four days now. What should I do now? The Kobo help Desk has been no help so far.
Martinus's baby is offline   Reply With Quote