View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #58
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Yes, it was only a 7 inch screen. Our neighbor has the dell and it's definitely more reasonable. I typed on it and it's either a full keyboard or nearly so. That one worked pretty well, but the thing is most of the netbooks we looked at were so stripped down (hardware-wise) that by the time you add memory and/or possibly another hard drive...your cost is somewhere around what a cheap laptop DOES cost. The ones not stripped down were double a good laptop.

Some of the larger ones, as you said, are pretty much laptops. When we finally gave up on the netbook, I just bought a laptop -- it was just under 300--about 280 shipped on one of the back-to-school deals. We didn't have to add memory or anything and it has a huge hard drive. It's about 15 inches, full keyboard, etc. It's nowhere near as light as that silly netbook was, but it has the functions I need when I need them.

I should have bought 2 of the things...
Never buy 2. When the first gives out usually, there will be lots of new great things, especially in cars and electronics. If you have a second ready to go, you don't have an excuse to get the next new thing.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote