View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 04:55 PM   #7
pyroshroom
pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pyroshroom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Huh, that's really odd, I tried testing it out some more after what you said and here's my results:

1) Fresh boot, Loaded Wikipedia 0.8 (with pictures), tried to load the "Zoo" article immediately = Always crashes the Kobo

2) Fresh boot, Loaded Wikipedia 0.8 (with pictures), loaded another article first (I tested "Fire" and "Zoology" articles) which loaded properly, then tried to load the "Zoo" article = Loads Zoo article properly

3) Fresh boot, Loaded Wikipedia 0.8 (with pictures), loaded the "Zztop" article which loaded properly, then tried to load the "Zoo" article = Always crashes Kobo again

4) Fresh boot, Loaded Wikipedia 0.8 (with pictures), loaded the "Fire" article, then loaded the "Zztop" article, then loaded "Zoo" article = Loads Zoo article properly

So I really have no idea what's going on with the Zoo article, just that if you load the "Fire" or "Zoology" article first after a boot (Only ones I have tried, there's probably way more that work), then you can load the Zoo article. But the same thing didn't work for loading "Zztop" first before loading "Zoo".

In addition, the thing I mentioned before about the "Wikipedia" option being present in the menu when reading other books. If you have multiple ZIM files on your Kobo, it selects the Wikipedia it searches in that menu randomly on boot, and I have no idea how to select which Wikipedia it picks on that menu when reading other books.
pyroshroom is offline   Reply With Quote