View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 03:47 PM   #47
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I just had the weirdest thing happen on my AGPTek player. My practice has been to use only the internal memory; I add books as I am about to listen to them, and when I run out of space I delete a few of the oldest titles.

So today I needed to delete titles, and one of them wouldn't delete. The folder contents had somehow all become corrupted, and were showing subfolders and files with strings of symbols and dates like 2078 and 2056, and the main folder showed a size of over 60gb (the device is only 8gb). When I disconnected from the PC, the player was frozen but revived after I turned it off and on a few times.

Then the computer wouldn't recognize the device at all, nor would the files delete using the device's delete function. It would repeatedly freeze and have to be turned on and off. I finally had to reformat it, and that seems to have worked--the corrupt files are gone, thank goodness.

But what a crazy thing to have happen.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote