View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 02:49 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
amazon fire HD10 - wait for the next regular amazon sale, when they are dirt cheap.

easy to add google play store and then epub readers like Moon, Bookari
Sd cards are supported.
you will not get anything cheaper in that size
use Fire OS which is amazon's cusomisation of android 6/7
Right now a Fire HD10 runs right at his price ($150).

I can't badmouth the Fire's hardware, but I hate, hate, hate the launcher (which can no longer be changed, last I checked) and the ads on the sleep screen.

Quote:
lenovo are good but check pixels count for each model you shortlist , some of their cheaper models are only 720p which will look a bit rough for text at 10 inch display. you want full HD 1080p or better .
Yeah, typically, the Lenovo Tabs are 1280X800 and the Lenovo Tab Pluses are 1920X1200 (the same as the fire HD, but the price is higher).
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote