Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #79
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
The <em> tag is being shown as bold whereas in 2.1.5 and anywhere else (Sigil, Sony reader, Internet Explorer etc) it is shown in italics. This bug alone is enough to make me go back to 2.1.5.

Does anyone know if kepubs are OK? (At the moment I only use epubs).

This bug alone is enough for me to go back to 2.1.5, which I have done, and I can confirm that 2.1.5 does not have this problem.
Strictly speaking the emphasis tag is not required to use italics. One program I used rendered text within the <em></em> tags as white text on a black background. If the author wants to use italics, either the <i> tag or a <span class="xxxx"> where xxxx is a class defining italics should be used.

Oddly, on my Glo with either of the 2.4.0 firmwares, the <em> tag does render as italic except for the gorched fonts such as Avenir, Gill Sans and Kobo Nickel which show bold instead of italic even when using the <i> tag. Those fonts have been crap for quite a while and you can find quite a few discussions about that issue scattered around the Kobo forum.

Is there a chance that you were using one of those fonts?

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 02-24-2013 at 02:48 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote