View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #11
davidkettle
Enthusiast
davidkettle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo customer service

Thanks, I didn't know about their support web site. I posted a question on it a couple of days ago about another issue:

"I purchased a copy of "The Emotion Machine" by Marvin Minsky from the Kobo web site. I had no trouble loading and reading it, but the illustrations are missing! Is this a problem with the software on the reader, or were the illustrations left out of the ePub edition?

Less serious is a formatting problem, it seems. In many places (at least one or two per page), words are run together, or there are extra spaces in the middle of words. I didn't notice this with any of the 100 free books that were included with the Kobo (although I've only opened a few of them), so I don't know if the problem lies with the publisher (maybe they rushed it into "print" without adequate proof-reading), or with the Kobo itself.

If a new edition of a book is released with corrections, will I be able to download a fresh copy if I've already bought a previous edition? "

Here's their response. It's a good indication of how much they care about their customers. They seem to take absolutely no responsibility for the quality of the eBooks they sell. They just blame it on the publisher.

"Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We have escalated your issue for the pictures to our level 2 support and we will have an update via email shortly.

The formatting issue that you are asking about is a how the book is sent to us by the publisher. Once the book comes to us we cannot adjust the book by law. We in most cases request a better copy of the book to offer to our customers. Most of the request go unfilled. "
davidkettle is offline   Reply With Quote