View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
Caryl
Caryl began at the beginning.

Device: Astak pocket pro
Thanks for all the ideas. I found the Case Logic case for the Sony PRS 300 at Borders book store and the PP fits just fine. This looks like what I've wanted, very very sturdy with lots of padding around the edges. So even if it gets dropped (who would do that?) I think it'll be fine. This would mean leaving the original leather case at home during our travels. But, that's fine with us.

Robert: so far I've left the original plastic screen covering in place. Is it a static cling plastic? I'm wondering if I can just leave it for the summer. If it has any sort of adhesive I'd worry about dirt getting under it and causing scratches.

Also, is the mini USB port a standard USB port? There isn't any sort of cross wiring is there? I ask this because I have a battery charger from Gomadics that works with my HP IPAQ 111 and Motorola RAZR V3. This uses 4AA batteries to charge a device. The IPAq seems to use a standard USB port whereas the RAZR does not. So I had to buy 2 different mini USB tips for the battery charger. If the PP uses a standard mini tip I should be able to use the IPAQ tip to charge it as well.

Let me know.
Thanks
Caryl
Caryl is offline   Reply With Quote