Thread: Sony
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #11
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is nice that the Kobo is fast (and that sort of proofs the PC end of the USB), but we are troublshooting the Sony by performing test steps
It's USB could be poor or not playing nice with the PC (My first PEz would Fault if I allowed USB2 was out of spec hardware.)
People tend to equate 'Freezing' with too busy to respond.
Scanning a device for books and MARKING them in Calibre is intensive use of the CPU and USB port.
If you interrupt this, it has to start over the next connection.
There may be a Sony driver configuration setting to limit where the scan phase looke, otherwise... All storage gets examined.
I mean no offence when I say this but I really understood little of that. I'm not tech savvy.

I'm going to respond to what I understood I added books via drag and drop to the Sony and it took less than 15 seconds to add the books so I don't think it was the USB.

It doesn't take long for Calibre to find what books are on the Sony, just adding them from the computer to the Sony.

I don't think I interrupted it I usually put my laptop on the table and watch TV or a movie until it's finished.

Now if I misunderstood your points I'm sorry, I'm not tech savvy, which is why I'm here asking for help. If you're not too frustrated to respond again try telling me something like you would your great grandma.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote