Thread: ePub Cover Page
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
I've been fooling with ePub files for the past week or so since Sony made the new upgrade available. I've tried "hand-crafting" some ePub files, and have also had Book Glutton convert some html files over, and although I've had luck with both, I can't seem to get my Sony PRS-505 or Adobe DE to recognize cover pages. Anyone have any hints, or boilerplate that I might try?
What do you mean by "cover pages"? In EPUB the book "cover" is just the first page of the book, so if you have a cover image you can wrap it in some XHTML (and possibly SVG) and add an <itemref/> to the cover HTML as the first item in your <spine/>.

Hope that helps!
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote