View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #82
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
So here is the Apple webpage stating Samsung didn't copy the iPad.

I am not an Apple fan. You would be hard pressed to find any post of mine touting Apple or any of their products. However, in this case, I have to say "Well played Apple."

They were required to post a page stating Samsung hadn't copied the iPad. They complied with that order. They just took it a step further by making it clear that other jurisdictions have disagreed with this conclusion, and used the judges own words to describe why the U.K. judge found Samsung wasn't in violation---

and

The BBC's headline on this story is "Apple ordered to re-write 'inaccurate' Samsung statement." However, I'm hard-pressed to see where anything in Apple's statement is 'inaccurate'.
The order was given to Apple to correct the misinformation that apple had spread about Samsung copying them. By adding the irrelevant information about the German court (the UK decision came first and in the EU a decision in a member country applies to the whole of the EU), apple were not addressing the issue at heart, but instead muddling the water even more. No wonder the judges were not happy with the non-apology, and good on them for sticking to their guns and seeing through the apple smoke of "we need 2 weeks to update our website".
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote