View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 AM   #450
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Pref->Behavior->Job Priority made no difference - a single secondary calibre-parallel process still ran the CPU at 22-25%, if I set the priority to Below Normal with Windows its also makes no difference. Will it yield if all four cores are at 24.n% usage - dunno, don't care - see next para.
I didn't mean to imply that the CPU wouldn't still run high. Calibre will use all the power you allow it. By changing from Normal to Low priority your computer will remain responsive and the calibre-parallel processes will ease back and let you work. You have to restart calibre for this to take effect.

Just for fun I kicked off 1000 books counting pages. It spawned 8 callibre-parallel processes and while they're running they use their max 12.5% per core. But since I have calibre set to Low priority it never gets in the way of me responding to this post.

Did you adjust the CPU items at Preferences - Miscellaneous? I don't mess with this but you can throttle things way back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
On a whim I pushed EPUB to the top of the Preferred Input order and the slow books become fast books and the fast books became even faster books.

Kiwidude mentioned putting a preferred source format list in the plug-in Configuration similar to the one in Behaviour. I'd settle for a being able to specify a single default format as the one to use to do the count - if its not available then... whatever is easiest for kiwidude.
I guess you found the universal place for selecting the preferred format.

Good Luck

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-19-2012 at 04:59 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote