View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Why always New York?
It seems to me that you need a pretty huge population center just to be able to stay open in the used book business these days. I made the rounds of the shops in Boston last year, and it's pretty clear that the market is collapsing even there.

I hope that some of the college towns are managing to find the support to keep going. Dawn Treader in Ann Arbor expanded from one location to two while I was in college, but has now retracted back to only the original shop.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote