View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #13
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Hi! Here is the template and instructions I mentioned. I've run them through a google translation and corrected the most egregious errors resulting from that, but there will be some remaining
Apart from that they are pretty much equal to what we use in-house.

They are quite detailed, but they still require that you know your way around Indesign. Your document will need to be styled properly, if it's not styled already you might be better off "placing" your source document directly into the template file and applying the styles in Indesign.

They are also based on our way of doing things, others might have to customise steps or skip them altogether. I still hope someone will benefit from some of the tricks we use. I have not tested CS5 at all, but I suspect that our approach of producing as basic xhtml as possible with Indesign and then applying structure with Calibre will produce better and more flexible results in that case as well.

Regrettably I have little possibility to support anyone individually with the conversion process. Since several posters in this thread have expressed interest, hopefully any question posted here will be answered. There certainly is a LOT of expertise among the posters in this forum.

The results are not tested at all with the iPad, if any of you test the results on that device I would like to hear about any problems. Generally, any comments are welcome.

Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: rar ebok_mal.rar (716.8 KB, 524 views)
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote