View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I obviously don't know the meaning of "proofed." I have talked to some of the original producers and proofing has been done, in some cases by multiple persons. Differences occur when the original scans are converted with a "scan to text" tool. The scans are photographs of the original pages. The scans are compared to the text conversion and the text is corrected.

I also locate the original scans and extract the original illustrations to include in the ebook. These images are cleamed up and properly sized.This is especially lacking in PG and PGAus books. I also extract the original "Title Page" and use it.

I have not sought out the original printed versions to check the scanned version. Spell checks show up mostly variations in spelling and dialog. These same variations show in the scans of the documents. I do not change these. In addition, there is no ensurance that the print edition is absolutely correct and the scans were made of the original.

I do make a search of MR using https://www.mobileread.com/forums/search.php for author and title. If it comes up empy then I proceed.

Over time, I have gathered and/or developed a set of tools which allows me to handle these books rapidly. I do not expect the reader to have to do anything but download and enjoy the book. Calibre and its operation may be beyond hie/her knowledge.

I have told Harry before and I will repeat it now.

HARRY, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO DELETE ANY EBOOK POSTED BY ME THAT YOU FEEL REPEATS ANY EBOOK YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY POSTED.
Thank you very much for the explanation, I now have a better understanding of what you do.

I wasn't trying to be negative towards your books, I just wanted to better understand why you produced the duplicate books.

I'm sorry if I caused any offence, none was intended.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote