View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
jerry7171
jerry7171 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Abbyy Finereader 12 distorts pages

Hi. I'm using a VuPoint Magic Wand to copy pages from reference books for research. I've gotten great using the Magic Wand and the resulting JPG files are clean and sharp.

Abbyy Finereader 12 for Mac has no problem doing OCR on the page images, even the ones with Greek (impressive).

What I can't figure out is why it takes a random page and distorts it? Badly in most cases. I always double check the scans before importing them into Finereader as I want to get good results the first time.

Please see the before and after.

I can't find any options to reset just a single page. I have tried using the perspective distortion to attempt to undo what Finereader did but I have no success. I've removed problem pages like this one, finished the remainder and then tried to import the pages again. The same severe distortions happen again.

I've opened the problem pages in Prizmo and it has no distortions but the OCR leaves much to be desired.

Is there some tip or trick for getting Finereader to leave these random pages alone and just our them?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Art of Praxiteles volume 1 - 158.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	160691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.03.40 PM.png
Views:	330
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	160692  
jerry7171 is offline   Reply With Quote