View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #7
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What Moon+ is extraordinarily bad at - and one might reasonably think this is a simple requirement - is simply displaying a book formatted as its publisher intended. It wants to override every bloody thing with user preferences. I want to see a book as its publisher intended it to be seen, not have every book look identical according to some set of “overrides”. This seems to be a failing of Android ePub apps in general!
As I already noted, Moon+Reader can be used with embedded fonts. You just have to choose that option, and if an ebook has a publisher's font embedded in it, it will use that instead of whatever font is otherwise selected. I recently used it to read a free copy of Witches Gone Wicked by Sarina Dorie, and I read it in Garamond, which was embedded into it, instead of with any of the fonts I had installed.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote