View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:48 AM   #4
geneven
Member Retired
geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800, N810, Kindle 2
Exactly. If you're lucky, the glossary will be the last thing in the book. So if you type in the term, you get a list of all the times the term is listed in the book, and the last one would be in the glossary. Select that one and read it. Then hit the back button and you are at the same place you were reading! It works very well.

I have a book with a cast of characters in the front, a novel (Sacred Games), and it works similarly. If I forget who the character is (and there are lots of them), I do the same search described, and the FIRST find is the description of that character or name!

Note that other times a term is mentioned, what is said might well be of interest. So the find feature gives you a sort of instant-access, instant-return ability that is very handy.

(Now, if only it would automatically search for the word I was at when I started looking, so I didn't have to type the word in at all, that would be even better.)
geneven is offline   Reply With Quote