Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #22
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But it's not just bad taste. It's offensive in some places. And stupid in the rest.
That's what's so great about the free world. With the right outlet, you can make a good living (or get downright rich) from "bad taste," "bad jokes," "bad behaviour," and "offensive anything."

A world of opportunity where even stupidity pays (sure wish someone would start paying me for MINE.)

I think it's a pitiful state of affairs, but at the same time I defend everyone's right to make bad jokes in bad taste and be offensive if that's what floats their boat. I don't appreciate someone trying to purposely attempt to embarrass or humiliate another, just for grins and giggles, (or any purpose) but it's not illegal, so if someone wants to be a jerk, oh well . . .

I'm not forced to watch (or read) bad TV, movies, comic strips or whatever, if that's the main premise of the medium. So if that's your profession, have at it and be successful.

On the other hand, if something off-color, in bad taste, bathroom humor, or offensive (by my standards) is scattered at intervals throughout a medium where I don't expect it, I don't freak out and have a hissy-fit about it either.

I'm just sayin' . . .

Last edited by Lady Blue; 04-22-2009 at 12:03 PM.