View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #139
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I have been trying to get Koreader to work on a Touch HD (running 5.16.579 firmware) , but with very limited success so far:

I eventually managed to get it to open when I found a tip to vary the pocketbook device.lua, and another to create a en_US folder (which did not exist) in l10n.

However, in testing it is proving incredibly unstable with just basic use failing in the following:

1. Seeking to change any of the settings results in the app crashing with the crash log simply reporting a segmentation fault. (Thus, I am stuck with only those settings I can change in the defaults.lua)

2. Page navigation backwards often causes a crash after 2 or 3 pages - again I just get a segmentation error report.

3. Pinch/zoom font size changes seem to take forever to be implemented.

I am using the last nightly I have found (20170612). Is there an earlier build which people can recommend, or fixes to the latest which they can suggest, or should I just forget Koreader on Pocketbook for the moment?

Ideas?

Last edited by church mouse; 08-14-2017 at 07:19 AM.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote