View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 09:00 PM   #2
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I like to add sub-genres or tags to mine but, yes, there is almost always a lot of overlap between sub-genres. Here are the sub groups I use.

Hard Science Fiction - These generally try to project forward from now and try to include real science. They may have a couple obvious non-science items but they generally have a reason for that. (Example: the dust storm in The Martian.)

Military Science Fiction - Honor Harrington, Old Man's War, etc. Naval battles in space or other obvious military applications.

Space Opera - Sometimes overlaps with MilSciFi, sometimes on its own. Hyperion or The Expanse are series that I would put in this but no MilSciFi.

Apocalyptic or Dystopian - self explanatory. I generally only tag these when it's relevant to the plot or a focus of the setting.

Time Travel - self explanatory. I read enough of these that I wanted to track them.

Steam Pump - I'm never sure whether this is science fiction or fantasy. Some of both I guess.

There are a lot more, but these meet my general needs. I'll also tag them thriller or mystery or more generic tags when they are also something else.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote