View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 04:41 AM   #801
jjquin
jjquin began at the beginning.

Device: Android - FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post
Which column type do you use exactly for the #genre custom column?
Or does it matter which type it is?
The type is Text, Column shown in the Tag browser.

I just changed my save to disk template. I was having issues with Anthologies, books with many authors. My wife likes to read romance anthologies and some of them have like 6-10 authors. The issue was that both the folder and file name had all of the authors' lastname, firstname separated by an &. Android started complaining about file location that had more than 256 characters! Took a little bit to get it right but I came up with this:

{author_sort:'list_item($, 0, "&")'}/{author_sort:'list_item($, 0, "&")'} - {title}

This template will only take use the first author in {author_sort} as the folder and beginning of the filename. Since my ereader software (FBReader) reads author and title from the metadata not the title I have no issue with this.

Hmm, is there a way to create a Save-to-Disk template that duplicates the Calibre folder structure? I'm just curious. I like how Calibre stores the books

{authors:'list_item($, 0, "&")'}/{title} ({id})/{title} - {authors:'list_item($, 0, "&")'}

I'm just guessing based upon what I see in the Calibre Library Folder. I know a lot of people complain about how the ebooks are stored on the hard disk but I like it. If you have two books with the same name your guaranteed two different folders because of the Id. Sometimes I accidentally add a book to the library twice or I'm getting a better copy of book. (I've been slowly replacing a lot of old books I originally converted from PDF.) The id ensures I'll get both copies till I'm ready to delete one.

As long as my ereader can read the metadata I don't really care the structure as long as it doesn't overwrite books and it's not over 256 characters long!

jjquin is offline   Reply With Quote