View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #17
raindog89
Connoisseur
raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Clara HD & Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Kobo has its glitches, Nook has its glitches. I guess it comes down to which you can live with.
I have both the Glowlight 3 and the Clara. They are both good, but I prefer the Clara.
The screens are pretty identical, although I'm not the expert on that. ((I'm not even sure if I have the lightbleed issue that many Claras have -- I don't think mine does.)
I like the buttons on the NG3, but prefer the smaller size of the Clara. And the Kobo software (even with the auto bug) blows the Nook software out of the water. The issue with the flaky storage on the NG3 is the real dealbreaker. (I haven't even started patching yet. Will do that when I am bored.)

And one more plus for me with the Kobo -- the web server is not hidden. I like to use reabble.com as a newsreader (it's optimized for e-ink). On the NG3, you have to install a launcher to get to the web browser. And then it's just a matter of time before it gets stuck booting up.
raindog89 is offline   Reply With Quote