View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 11:46 PM   #34
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Thinking back, the first book that disturbed me was "Helter Skelter" which is about the Manson family trial, which I read when I was about 16. I think up until that time, I didn't realize just how terrible some people could be in real life. To put this into perspective, I was reading books like The Exorcist at that point and while scary, it was fiction.

I was forever clueless in grade school, junior high, and high school. During the Manson trials or leading up to them there was a girl in my history class and the teacher was always letting her skip classes and not do homework and he'd say vague things about the hard time she was going through. Turned out that she was Sharon Tate's younger sister. I still wonder if I was the only one who had no clue.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote