View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 02:04 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I think this thread should be moved to Reading Recommendations, but otherwise, great idea for a thread.

My favorite of the old masters is definitely Arthur C. Clark. His books can be cold, or at least cool, but man, the concepts are mind-boggling.

I'm also a fan of Asimov, though I far prefer his robot books and stories to what I've read of Foundation. I think he made a mistake trying to tye all his various books together into one universe. Just because Heinlein did it, doesn't mean everyone should.

Speaking of Heinlein, I've never quite warmed up to him. Granted, I've only read a smattering of his work. But it just didn't seem to click with me.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote