View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
Author in Upper Case, Author Sort in Lower Case?

Reciently had a computer failure.

Bought new computer, installed Calibre on the new computer and transferred Calibre Library from old computer hard drive to new computer.

Started up Calibre and loaded library. Data looks good. (will just need to rebuild all my preferences and custom columns and little tweaks)

However I noticed a problem.

A bunch of books I added a few months before the failure when viewed in Edit Medadata, show a pink square for Author Sort...

When the button to automatically resolve the Author sort is pressed the Name changes to lower case.

Before: John Doe - Doe, John (pink square for Author Sort)

After: John Doe - doe, john (Author sort now green)
[manually editing either field has no effect]

At first I thought maybe teh Author was in lower case, but when viewed in the Author Tag Browser John Doe shows as capitalized

Last edited by JohnnyBook; 09-18-2015 at 05:37 PM.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote