View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #9
sumguy
Connoisseur
sumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
I tried this out and unfortunately it's not correct that it works "just like it works for books from Kindle Store". The current Kindle for Mac app does support automatic most recent page sync, not only furthest page. But it only works with purchased books from Amazon. With personal documents copied from a Kindle to the computer this way, you only get the furthest page sync, using the sync button.

Also, highlighting and bookmarks don't work properly. You can create a highlight on the computer, and it will sync to other Kindle devices. But the other way around doesn't work, highlights and bookmarks made on other devices don't sync back to the desktop.

I know this because I just spent the last few hours testing it...

So, while it's nice to have the furthest page sync working, it leaves a lot to be desired.

I read something about changing a tag from PDOC to EBOK, using an official Amazon ASIN number, and so on, but there seems to be conflicting or outdated information about whether that would allow proper sync. Anyone know?
sumguy is offline   Reply With Quote