View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 05:18 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It is indeed mighty cool .

----

Right, to expand a bit on the current possible interactions with KFMon: currently, that involves a bit of manual labor, in that you'll have to tell NickelMenu which bits of KFMon you'd like to run, and you have to make sure to do so in a way that matches your actual current KFMon setup.

A quick look at the example should make it obvious, but, say, given KOReader's KFMon config:

Code:
[watch]
filename = /mnt/onboard/koreader.png
action = /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/koreader.sh
label = Start KOReader
The matching NickelMenu entry for the main menu would be

Code:
menu_item : main : Start KOReader : kfmon : koreader.png
(i.e., you want to use the plain filename of the png as the argument ).

----

Ultimately, you'll just be able to say in your NickelMenu config "build me some menus out of the stuff registered in KFMon", and magic happens!
But that's for later .

----

Also, this requires KFMon 1.4.0, released a few minutes ago .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-01-2020 at 06:25 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote