Thread: Firmware Update Firmware update 5.9.4
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #47
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamP View Post
Since applying this FW update, my well-used 6th Gen PW seems to be draining the battery at an alarming rate.
I'm now recharging it on a daily basis.

Is my experience just a one-off?

Airplane mode on. Screen brightness @ ~ 20%. (No change from prior settings)
I had the same experience on my Voyage. Manually applied the new update on Wednesday night. Voyage wasn't used until I turned it on this morning (Friday) and battery level showed near empty. My Voyage is permanently in airplane mode.

I did add three or four books to the Voyage just after I updated the firmware. I don't think that indexing the four books would have caused such a quick drain, but maybe it was stuck for awhile on one of the books. I did check to see if it was still indexing when I noticed the battery level and it wasn't.

I'm charging it now and am hoping this is an anomaly. I'll report back when I know more.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote