View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #1
rrrvxi
rrrvxi began at the beginning.

Device: KP2
How to jailbreak 5.6.1.0.2 (serial port) step by step

Hello everyone, I just decided to jailbreak my kindle paper white 2 (Japanese version 2013, 4gb; originally shipped with firmware 5.4.3.2 but amazon updated silently to 5.6.1.0.2), hopefully I'll get some advice from experts or any user that already did it. So far what I know is that I should follow the next steps:

1. Open the device (no problem here)

2. Identify the serial port (I believe there are 3 pins here. A. Ground, B. RX, C. TX (any pics of the PW2??? I saw this but apparently it's from PW1, they are both the same? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...8&d=1352503423

3. Do some soldering, no problem, but in this step I'm stuck. From the 3 pins mentioned, I have to solder to the pins of a serial port adapter right? which one should I use?

4. Connect the adapter to a computer running Linux, but then what? Which software should I use? what commands I have to put in? I read somewhere that there is a script or something like that, but do I run it and where?

I have an HD camera, time, and willing to do a guide to jailbreak kindles with the 5.6.1.0.2 firmware, all I need is a little help to get the right directions. I have experience in soldering and opening devices, so no problem there. The problem is that I'm lost in regard of what adapter should I buy and how to use Linux in order to jailbreak, which files and how to put them on the kindle, etc?

I hope someone there can help, and maybe this will be a future guide to do a step by step with pictures and videos to how to jailbreak you kindle with the 5.6.X.

rrrvxi is offline   Reply With Quote