View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
But wouldthe device re-read the file or even notice that it was changed? I didn't try it out as modifying the database directly seems to work OK. Of course either way I lose the changes next time I log out of my account.
As far as I can tell, downloaded kepubs are never read for their metadata. I am fairly sure the metadata is put into the database from the server. This is the only question I have about manually making the changes, whether a sync will override it.
Quote:
I have the epub versions in Calibre with the author name on both set to "Steven Erikson", Calibre matched them to the kepubs and set the series info for the kepubs from the epubs as expected.

I ran the following command from sqlite3 to change the author name, it seems to have worked as hoped, but I'll watch for problems for a while before I try any more changes.
Code:
UPDATE content
 SET Attribution='Steven Erikson'
 WHERE Attribution='Erikson, Steven';
That should work. But, my question was really a hint to try something else. Though maybe you want to update it first.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote