View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #9
Prince Bertram
Prince Bertram began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
JafSoft AscToRTF Application - No Regrets Here!

Each individual can make their own assessment as to whether or not this program is worth the $60 it sells for. All I can say is that it does the job for me and I have been very happy with it. I understand that there are other macros, scripts, and applications out there that can do similar things and that is fine. For me, AscToRTF has been the easiest and most accurate ascii to .rtf conversion process I have used and the amount of time it has saved me is well worth the $60. Those of you with lots of time and the appropriate knowledge and skill can no doubt save $60.

Just a couple of clarifications 1) I'm not the author of the application nor do I know the author 2) I e-mailed the author suggesting he consider charging less for the application and his response was reasonable - this application is geared towards application developers (not individuals) that need to convert a large amount of text data using a batch process 3) There are independent reviews of this program that are very positive as to its functionality and value - check those out first. 4) There is a demo mode – try it – either you will like it or you won’t – decide for yourself!

It is easy to criticize a product based on price. It is even easier to criticize a product one does not own or that one has no use for. But for some, this product might be of use, which is the reason I brought it to the attention of this forum.

-Prince Bertram
Prince Bertram is offline   Reply With Quote