View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 10:31 AM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Catlady, did you listen to the audiobook narrated by Zehra Jane Naqvi? I had trouble concentrating too and kept replaying portions. Then I switched to the ebook format and started over and realized that I had indeed missed many details! I found the written book to be more enjoyable than the audiobook.
I listened to the Emilia Fox version. I don't know why my attention was straying; I listen to audiobooks all the time and usually don't have any trouble focusing. In a few cases here something puzzling came up that didn't seem to have any predicate, but was explained later. I dislike when an author does that since I assume I missed something and waste time and effort going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have always enjoyed any TV shows or movies made from her books. Previously, I had only read 2 other Christie fiction books so I did not really have a preformed opinion going into this book about her collection of works. They were Death on the Nile and Hallowe'en Party. I enjoyed the former very much but not the latter according to my records. I often have a terrible memory when it comes to remembering books read years ago. I was surprised to learn that Death on the Nile is considered Book #2 in the Colonel Race series. I didn't even know there was a Colonel Race series until this book was selected.
I've seen only a handful of Christie-based movies: Witness for the Prosecution, Murder on the Orient Express, and The Mirror Crack'd. Possibly some other oldies; I know I haven't seen any of the TV adaptations, though.

I kept wondering why Colonel Race wasn't at the top of "Colonel" suspect list; I only eliminated him because the book was tagged as first in his series.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote