View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by test011 View Post
Amazon will ask some official documents, like photo copy of your passport - I'm not kidding - to prove you are a US resident temporarily traveling oversea.
I can only say that, in the 15 months that I've had my Kindle, nothing like that has ever happened to me.

I can't imagine anyone agreeing to send a photocopy of a passport in those circumstances. In any case, how does your passport prove what country you are resident in, or whether your are travelling overseas? The only thing a passport shows is your nationality.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote