View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 AM   #23
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why would you remove the fonts? In most cases, they make the eBooks look better.
For myself with bad eyesight, I find using my own font of choice to be a much more pleasant read and without any eyestrain. I can't think of one instance where an embedded font made a book "look better"... it's usually the opposite effect for me. The fonts embedded in books are always too thin for my eyesight. If it's difficult to read because of the font, it ruins the enjoyment of the book.

It's a matter of choice. But the first thing I always do is remove all embedded fonts. No one but me and my eyes can tell me what's a comfortable font for me to read, and forcing their choice on me isn't going to work. If I scan a book, I never embed or even specify font choices for the main body of text. I do often for the pages like the TOC, publishing, etc., but never for the main body.

While I love my font choice, I'd never force it on anyone else realizing everyone's preference will be different.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote