View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 03:54 AM   #4
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Calibre portable is fully self-contained. I have been running from my Dropbox folder since before Kovid came out with the official portable version. With the exception of sync issues it has always run fine.

I don't recommend anyone run calibre from any cloud folder it is best to use a separate sync or backup program and schedule backups/syncs accordingly when calibre is not in use.

Kovid already answered this question,

"calibre portable is only portable if you run it with calibre-portable.exe in its folder and from nowhere else."

You need to run calibre portable using calibre-portable.exe not calibre.exe.
And you should not use it with google drive as irc google drive and calibre drive naming conventions are not compatible.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote