View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #65
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
I thought so too, but I read somewhere that some people think that "Mythbusters" is dragging Science down with their "Let's blow it up!" schtick.
Heh. Heathens. Mythbusters is all about showing how fun science can be... including going all out and doing what it takes to make a myth actually work. And yes, sometimes that involves blowing stuff up real good.

But it's best at illustrating how scientific method (they may be theatrical, but they're doing pure science there) can answer all those mythological scenarios.

Anyone who thinks it's just about blowing stuff up doesn't actually watch the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Maybe is the cynic in me, but I'll bet they picked the most popular theme they had on record and re-did it just for the prez. After all, they’ve already done two shows on it, it’s gotta be a winner.
Yeah, I can see that (tho I didn't know that one was so popular). It could also be a nod to his alternative energy policy... we are talking about a solar heating process, after all.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 10-21-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote