Thread: It's here!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #22
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
No need anymore to fully drain battery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboxer47 View Post
I'll guess I'll jack this thread and say mine is scheduled to come in tomorrow. I don't know if I'll have any problem updating the firmware, but how should I gear up the batteries so they're good to go? How do you charge them, drain them, etc initially?
Dear Shadowboxer:

The old way of batteries was to charge full and drain full three times initially. This is not needed anymore.

You do need to "teach" the battery charge life meter what "fully charged" is with your battery... hense charge for 8-12 hours initially.

I would not suggest draining fully at all. Even the Pocket PRO starts hanging up and freezing and being sluggish when it has too little power. I recommend recharging when the battery charge life meter gets a bit below half. I did not read this... I learned the hard way on a trip on a plane the first time I had the Pocket PRO. I immediately thought: "OH, my God, it has a glitch". There was no glitch... it just started thirsting for power. I do NOT want people to ever experience that. So... a bar or so below half and I recharge.

Realize that the battery charge life gauge is not very exact anyway. It is a good guide and not meant to be exact. Likely when it shows 1/2 charge it is closer to 1/4 charge (this is my humble opinion).

You do want to ensure you have the latest firmware upgrade once it is fully charged. That firmware upgrade will give you much longer battery charge life and a visable clock and many other neat features. You will always find the Firmware Upgrades on: www.theEZreader.com/html. Instructions are on there also.

Thank you. Shadowboxer, and welcome to our merry little band of Astak lovers!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote