Thread: Section breaks
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by christineb View Post
I looked at several html files. Those that lose the spacing just use a line break for it. Another file used a paragraph with nbsp in it and the conversion kept the extra line. The books are not public domain so I'll have to create an example to post.
Ah, I think I know what this is. XHTML doesn't allow a <br/> element directly inside the <body/>, and AdobeDE will ignore any it finds there. MSReader and Mobipocket Reader render such markup as a blank line, and thus it appears in many LIT and Mobipocket books.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote