View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:46 AM   #1307
Pooh_
Enthusiast
Pooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with othersPooh_ plays well with others

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD, Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhaly View Post
By the way, I thought that after installing OTFM I could manage the hidden partition from my PC, this can't be done by any means, right?
No, but you can access the hidden partition using OTFM. Just double tap the ".." element few times and you will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhaly View Post
Quote:
I'd like to edit shutdown.png and I've read around here that you can do this editing the zip update. I wonder if it is safe to "re-update" the firmware again to the same version just to edit this stuff.
I'd still like to know the answer to this.
Sure, you can edit firmware (for example remove shutdown.png and place your own picture on its place) and then reflash it.

But, much simpler, you can replace this picture using OTFM. Just use long tap or menu and choose Copy/Paste.

\usr\share\gui_shell\images\shutdown.png is used when your device is turned OFF.
\usr\share\system_manager\images\screen_saver*.png - these images are used when your device is in a sleep mode.

All images should have a 758x1024 resolution (for I62HD or I62ML models)
Pooh_ is offline   Reply With Quote