View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #24
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
The pricing link is for Google business apps. Do they not charge separately for domain hosting?

1and1 (www.1and1.com), which is where I host my domains (36 of them), has packages as low as $5 a month with intro offers even less. 1and1 is also a domain registrar, so it is easy to obtain new domain names, cancel unwanted ones, and renew those I want to keep.

The problem with greggbell .com is that most people will type gregbell rather than greggbell. Why not try to come up with something a bit more user friendly and that is available in multiple domains (.com, .net, etc.) and buy the various domains to keep others away.

The other thing to do is to be sure you also register logical variations on the name, by which I mean the names consumers might type to access your domain. For example, for my wordsnSync domains, I have wordsnsync and wordsinsync and I have the .com, .net., .org, and .us domains.

The expense is minimal (unless you go crazy like I did and have an excess of domains) but does act as protection.
I thought about the similar names things. GregoryBell.com was taken. GregBell.com. I've got GreggBell.net but have been holding out for GreggBell.com. I thought GreggBell.com (considering the circumstances) was about as user-friendly as I could get.

And thanks for the 1+1 advice. I checked them out a while back, along with GoDaddy. Good to know you're having a good experience with them. I really appreciate the input. Thank you.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote