View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #63
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
I have loved books since before I could read. I'm sure I've taken a lot away from a lot of them. Only one, however, can I think of, really affected how I try to live my life. I have no idea who wrote it. It was a rather forgettable science fiction book published in...the early '80s, I think. I believe it was called Mustang (in reference to the automobile). There was just one short snippet of it that I remember. Two characters were talking and one of them said something like: Everything you do affects the people around you. You have to take responsibility for that.

For some reason, this really seemed to resonate with my 17-year-old self. it's a principle I try to keep in mind. Could be worse. I could have picked up Atlas Shrugged.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote