View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #835
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
Hah, I guess I am not following KPV's development closely enough . Thank you!

Speaking about features, there is something I was thinking about lately...
As someone who reads mostly technical books, sometimes I wish there was a fast way to switch between a set of books. For example you may want to learn some technology and you have several books that cover it from slightly different angles, or you may read about a math-heavy subject and want to jump from time to time to a math book to refresh or acquire some background etc. Now, I realize that the specs of the current readers probably wouldn't allow multiple books to fit into device's RAM. On the other hand most .pdf files are loading fast enough, so maybe if there are shortcuts to switch between collections of books that will be good enough... Say alt-N to switch to book at slot N and alt-0 to interactively select from a list of books. For this to work seemlessly I think it will require a way to save the entire current state of each open book, including the exact position, zoom level etc(I think KPV is not quite there yet). Taking the idea one step further there may be a special "collection" file format, pointing to each book and recording the current open book, so that there will be a way to open entire an entire collection at once.
Don't know if others will find this useful - just an idea I wanted to share...
Or maybe there is already shortcut for this too ?
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote