View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
jjjaaaack
jjjaaaack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Red face Trying to convert from epub to pdf, empty output file.

Thanks for helping me out! Let me preface this by stating I'm pretty much clueless with regard to the technical aspects of Calibre. I usually just use it to import my books and put them on my Kindle 4. I'm running the latest version of Calibre (.8.50).

Unfortunately, I'm trying to convert an .epub for use on a Kindle and I've hit some difficulties. To begin with, I spent hours trying to convert it to a .mobi, but the formatting would always mess up strangely and I decided it wasn't worth the headache to try and figure out. I decided I should just convert it to a .pdf sized for my Kindle screen, so I fired up the conversion wizard and the only settings I changed were the output format and PDF size, which I set to b7. After a normal amount of time converting, I get this error message:

calibre, version 0.8.50
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>Exception</b>:Empty output file, probably the conversion process crashed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 347, in dispatch
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/convert.py", line 199, in book_converted
Exception: Empty output file, probably the conversion process crashed

I have no idea what this means. Can anyone help me figure out what to do here, hopefully step-by-step? I found what looks like a solution online, but it was in really technical terms and I couldn't understand it. I even backdated my calibre and tried it on three different versions - .7.28, .8.17 and this version, none of them worked.
jjjaaaack is offline   Reply With Quote