View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #19
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
So that I won't ruin the story I'll answer it in the spoiler
Spoiler:

It's the way he resolves climatic points in the book. I paints himself in a corner rather than the protagonists resolving the problem. He'll kill off the character. Or add some other twist that doesn't jive with the plot. An example is how the kings lost their crowns. Wow that was just horrible.

He's become too predictable, if there is hope, expect the worst and that is what always happens.

And he writes to write. There is a huge difference between writing to add a plot and writing to have a 1000page book.

At least when Robert Jordan did it it had detail an did develop the plot. Martin just seems to write.

This is all I surmised before I found out he took a 10yr break. When I found out he took that long I said "Oh yeah I can believe it his book as lost it's direction."
You know, if you had said those things about the fourth and fifth books, I would say I agree with you. But I really didn't feel that way about the first three at all. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.*

* Either that, or you'll have to agree that I'm right...
afa is offline   Reply With Quote