View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viseguy View Post
What about file syncing -- something that Dropbox does extremely well. If you establish a "My Dropbox" folder in multiple computers, every time any of those computers is connected to the Internet, all of the files in the folder are updated to the latest versions. Will Pogoplug do that?

Also, Dropbox gives you 30 days' worth of undelete for all files in the Dropbox folder. Invaluable.

If Pogoplug doesn't offer those features, the next question is: Will Pogoplug and Dropbox coexist peacefully?
The PogoPlug shows up as a working drive on any computer I use to sign-in to it (not a folder like DropBox in the My Documents folder). It does not leave copies of the files on each computer like dropbox. I can sign-n via the web or an app on each computer.

It's very similar to DropBox. The advantage is that I can have as much storage as I want without a monthly fee. Currently I am using a 1 TB drive (and I could add more drives if I chose).

Go to the Tekzilla.com website. Tekzilla did a piece on the PogoPlug a few months ago which convinced me to buy one.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote